25 Feb 2020 Cities Summit on Childhood Obesity
The first Cities Summit on Childhood Obesity is due to held this September in London.
The London’s Child Obesity Taskforce in partnership with Guy’s and St Thomas’ Charity and the City of Amsterdam will host this inaugural, multicity gathering to help share learning, develop solutions and consider collective action to tackle childhood obesity in cities across the world.
Across three days of experiential, interactive and participatory content, the summit will bring together cities around the world who want to change their food and physical activity environments to help their children eat and drink healthier and be more physically active.
Attendees will be involved in exploring the following:
- Understand the issue of childhood obesity from new perspectives
- Find innovative solutions and explore how to apply them in your city
- Spark fresh thinking and new approaches, placing children at the heart of solutions
- Showcase and learn from work happening globally to tackle the issue
- Explore how to overcome the barriers cities face from funding and resources to leadership
- Foster collaboration and learning to scale impact
Storytelling and sharing experiences, practical workshops and networking opportunities will ensure the summit provides delegates with the tools and skills to make an impact in their communities.
The draft programme is available on their website and you can register your attendance at the Summit by following the link here www.citiesonchildhoodobesity.com and follow us on https://twitter.com/cschildobesity to stay up to date with the latest developments.
Help spread the word about the Summit by sharing these links with colleagues.