17 Dec 2014 Developing Effective Local Healthy Weight Policy and Sharing Good Practice Across the North West
Thursday 4th December saw the latest of our engagement events take place, on this occasion in central Manchester. Developing Effective Local Healthy Weight Policy and Sharing Good Practice brought together high-profile speakers, specialist workshops and the unveiling of our new Gulp campaign, in order to boost efforts to promote healthy weight across the region.
Presentations and workshop slides from the day are available for you to download in PDF format below.
- Dr Aseem Malhotra- Action on Sugar: Advocacy or Activism?
- Amanda Donnelly- Creating place-based systems change to transform food culture
- Kay Johnson- Sustainable Food Lancashire
- Gulab Singh MBE- Sustainable Food: The Lancashire County Council approach
- Abdul Razzaq- Obesity: The National Policy Context
- Robin Ireland- Food Active: The Story So Far…
- Gary Bickerstaffe- Hospitals and the ‘Whole’ Food Environment
- Jemma Grime & Jane Jefferson- Feeding Stockport: A Cross Sectional Food Partnership Utilising Food as a Key Driver to Support Public Health Outcomes
- Rachel Toms- Active by Design: Creating Public Spaces and Neighbourhoods Conducive to Health and Activity
- Karen Carter- Transport for Greater Manchester: Better by Cycle Partners School Programme
Thank you to all attendees that completed an evaluation form:
- 100% of the participants rated the conference as very interesting (a score of “8 or more”)
- 94% of the participants found the conference useful to their work (a score of “8 or more”)
- 91% of the participants gave the overall rating of the conference a score of 8 or more
- 12,000 views of the Food Active Twitter page during the week of the event