30 Sep 2019 Food Active Annual Conference 2019: Healthy Weight in all Policies – Two Years On
Following the success of our first ‘Healthy Weight in all Policies’ conference in 2017, this year we are reflecting back on the progress made on the obesity agenda in the last two years, and plans for the future, both at a local and nation policy level.
The conference ‘Healthy Weight in all Polices – Two Years On’ will be held on Tuesday 12th November, 10am-4pm at the Manchester Conference Centre and will bring together local authorities, public health professionals, elected members, academics, the third sector, NHS, Government departments and more to discuss how healthy weight can be considered across all organisations and departments. There will be the opportunity for local authorities and other organisations to share learning and best practice.
The full conference programme is now finalised, and can be viewed below.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Matthew Ashton, Lead Director of Public Health, Food Active
- Nicola Dennison, Public Health Practitioner, Blackpool Council
- Professor Simon Capewell, Institute of Population Health Sciences, University of Liverpool
- Dr Jeanelle de Gruchy, President of the Association of Directors of Public Health and Director of Public Health, Tameside Borough Council
- Professor Dominic Harrison, Director of Public Health, Blackburn with Darwen Council
- Professor Corinna Hawkes, Director of the Centre for Food Policy at City, University of London
- Robin Ireland, Director of Research, Food Active
- Dr Susan Lloyd, Executive Policy Lead, Faculty of Public Health
- Deborah Lowe, Advanced Health Improvement Specialist, Leeds City Council
- Richard Merrifield, Advanced Public Health Practitioner, Devon County Council
- Dr Duncan Radley, Senior Research Fellow, Leeds Beckett University
- Dr. Arif Rajpura, Director of Public Health, Blackpool Council
- Emma Strachan, Health Improvement Specialist, Leeds City Council
- Dave Sweeney, Executive Implementation Lead, Cheshire and Merseyside Healthcare Partnership
- Katherine Taylor, Public Health Programme Officer, Cumbria County Council
- Tariq White, Interim Associate Director for the Clinical Networks and Senates, NHS England and NHS Improvement South West
Please note that the conference is currently fully booked, however if you would like to be placed on the waiting list in case there are any cancellations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow @food_active on twitter and sign up to our monthly news bulletin and to keep up to date with the latest news about the conference, using the hashtags #HWiaP #FoodActive2019.