30 Oct 2018 #FoodActive2018 Conference Programme: 1 week to go!
It is less than one week to go until the Food Active 2018 Conference, ‘Childhood Obesity: Let’s Start at the Very Beginning’ to be held at Bridge 5 Mill, Manchester from 10am -3pm.
The conference is being held in response to the lack of focus on early years and maternal health in the Government’s Childhood Obesity Plan, Chapter 2 and will bring together a group of experts to share evidence on the importance of healthy weight from pre-pregnancy to pre-school, with the opportunity for delegates to share good practice and discuss what support is needed for local authorities to tackle childhood obesity.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Julie Abayomi, Reader of Dietetics, Liverpool John Moores University
- Dr. Sara Ahern, Research Fellow, Born in Bradford
- Dierdre de Barra, Head of Information, Tommy’s Midwvies
- Dr. Emma Boyland, Psychologist, University of Liverpool
- Dr. Sandra Davies, Director of Public Health, Liverpool City Council
- Nicky Dennison, Child Obesity and Physical Activity Programme Manager, Public Health England
- Professor Jason Halford, Head of Deparment, University of Liverpool
- Dr Julie Lanigan, Principle Research Fellow, University College London
- Gill Thornton, Head of Programme, Better Start Bradford
The full programme can be found by following the link below.Food Active Conference Programme - Childhood Obesity: Lets Start at the Very Beginning
Please note that the conference is currently fully booked. If you would like to be places on the waiting list, please email email@example.com
Use the hashtag #FoodActive2018 to keep up to date with all the latest conference news.