12 Nov 2019 #FoodActive2019 welcomes 100 delegates and speakers to ‘Healthy Weight in all Policies: Two Years On’
Food Active are welcoming 100 delegates and speakers to Central Manchester today for our annual conference, to discuss how healthy weight can be considered across all organisations and departments
The conference, titled ‘Healthy Weight in all Policies: Two Years On’, will be held at the Manchester Conference Centre today from 10am until 4pm. In 2017 we held out first ‘Healthy Weight in all Policies’ conference, and this year we are reflecting back on the progress made on the obesity agenda and plans for the future, finally considering how healthy weight can be considered across all organisations and departments.
The sold-out conference will bring together 100 speakers and delegates from local authorities, public health progressionals, academics, the third sector, NHS, Government departments and more. We will also be hosting a poster competition on sharing good practice on local action to tackle obesity, with eight fantastic entries and delegates having the opportunities to vote for their favourite poster. The winner of the competition will recieve a Give Up Loving Pop starter pack – including GULP water bottles, leaflets, pop up banner, educational resources and much more.
We are also delighted to launch our Healthy Weight Declaration ‘Impact and Influence’ Case Study Report today, with experiences from eight different local authorities discussing how and what impact the Declaration has had since signing. The new report can be found by scrolling down the following page: https://foodactive.org.uk/projects/local-authority-declaration/
We have a fantastic line up of speakers and experts in the field, including:
- Matthew Ashton, Director of Public Health, Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
- Vicki Barnes, Staff Health and Wellbeing Lead for Northern Devon Healthcare NHS.
- Professor Simon Capewell, Institute of Population Health Sciences, University of Liverpool
- Nicola Dennison, Public Health Practitioner, Blackpool Council
- Professor Dominic Harrison, Director of Public Health, Blackburn with Darwen Council
- Professor Corinna Hawkes, Director of the Centre for Food Policy at City, University of London
- Robin Ireland, Director of Research, Food Active
- Dr Susan Lloyd, Executive Policy Lead, Faculty of Public Health
- Deborah Lowe, Advanced Health Improvement Specialist, Leeds City Council
- Richard Merrifield, Advanced Public Health Practitioner, Devon County Council
- Dr. Duncan Radley, Senior Research Fellow, Leeds Beckett University
- Dr. Arif Rajpura, Director of Public Health, Blackpool Council
- Emma Strachan, Health Improvement Specialist, Leeds City Council
- Dave Sweeney, Executive Implementation Lead, Cheshire and Merseyside Healthcare Partnership
- Katherine Taylor, Public Health Programme Officer, Cumbria County Council
Dr Jeanelle de Gruchy, President of the Association of Directors of Public Health and Director of Public Health, Tameside Borough Council will be chairing the event.
We will be tweeting about the conference throughout the course of the day, using the hashtag #FoodActive2019 and presentations, summaries and an event report will be published on the Food Active website in due course.
You can take a look at the finalised conference programme below.#FoodActive2019 Conference Programme