27 Sep 2022 #FoodActive2022 annual conference – Prioritising child healthy weight in the age of a crises
Registrations for the #FoodActive2022 virtual conference are now live. This year’s timely theme aims to consider the sustained challenges presented by recovery from Covid-19, the cost-of-living crisis and how these impact on child healthy weight.
Covid-19 brought unprecedented challenges in safeguarding children’s health, and national surveillance data found that levels of overweight and obesity increased significantly during the pandemic.
As we emerge from the pandemic, the current cost-of-living crisis presents additional challenges, such as access to healthy and affordable food and drink, posing significant threats to children’s healthy weight, and ultimately widening health disparities.
These challenges are further intensified by the news that the Government are considering withdrawing important policies designed to reduce levels of childhood obesity.
Food Active invites you to join us for our virtual annual conference on Thursday 10th November 9:30am-13:00pm ‘Prioritising child healthy weight in the age of crises’. The event will look at the impact of the pandemic on children’s health & well-being, key lessons learned from the pandemic, and a wider discussion on how this learning can be used to address the public health challenges the cost-of-living crisis is placing on children and their families.
The event will be held virtually via Zoom and consist of presentations, panel discussions and Q&A sessions where delegates can pose questions.
The conference will bring together a wide range of stakeholders, from within local authority departments, system leaders, NHS partners and ICS colleagues, academics, CVS organisations and more.
We are delighted to welcome Abdul Razaq, Director of Public Health at Blackburn with Darwen Council as our chair for the conference.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Matthew Ashton, Lead Director of Public Health at Food Active and Director of Public Health at Liverpool City Council
- Professor Martin Caraher, Emeritus Professor of Food and Health Policy, City, University of London
- Jon Hayes, Managing Director, Cheshire & Merseyside Cancer Alliance
- Alice Jennings, Senior Communications Strategist, Frameworks Institute
- Katharine Jenner, Director, Obesity Health Alliance
- Dr Sakthi Karunanithi, Director of Public Health, Lancashire County Council
- Dr Naomi Maynard, Good Food Plan Director, Feeding Liverpool
- Dr Oliver Mytton, Honorary Consultant in Public Health Medicine
- Dr James Nobles, Research Fellow, Leeds Beckett University
- Nika Pajda, Senior Policy and Special Projects Manager at Bite Back 2030
- Anna Taylor, Executive Director, Food Foundation
Register for tickets here!
Check out the #FoodActive2022 agenda here!
A comprehensive conference programme will be circulated to delegates a few days before the event.
Stay up to date with all the latest updates on the conference by following us on twitter (@food_active) #FoodActive2022
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org