04 Oct 2023 #FoodActive2023 – 10 Years of Food Active: Reflecting on Local and National Action
*Please note that in person tickets have now sold out, however you can still register for virtual tickets via a live stream. Please register for virtual tickets here. We do have a waiting list for in-person tickets, however these are not guaranteed due to high demand. You can join the waiting list here.*
We are delighted to announce that registrations for #FoodActive2023 are now live! Join us on Wednesday 22nd November at the Museum of Liverpool to mark 10 years of Food Active and to reflect on local and national action on healthy weight over the past decade.
2023 marks 10 years of the Food Active programme. Originally launched as a response to address regional inequalities in the prevalence of overweight and obesity in the North West, the programme has continued to evolve and adapt to support its network of local authorities and engage with wider partners locally and nationally.
This year’s conference, held in-person for the first time since the pandemic, presents an opportunity to bring together a wide range of stakeholders to reflect on how the national landscape on healthy weight policy has changed and to consider opportunities both regionally and nationally to bolster existing policy, as we approach the forthcoming General Election.
Chaired by Food Active’s Lead Director of Public Health and Director of Public Health at Liverpool City Council, Professor Matthew Ashton, the conference will also aim to reinforce the importance of local action on promoting healthier weight, in addition to sharing good practice from across the North West.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Cllr Liam Robinson, Leader of Liverpool City Council
- Abdul Razzaq, Director of Public Health, Blackburn with Darwen Council
- Dolly van Tulleken, Policy Consultant and Visiting Researcher, MRC Epidemiology Unit
- Toby Watt, Lead Economist, REAL Centre, Health Foundation
- Katharine Jenner, Director, Obesity Health Alliance
- Reuben, Youth Activist, Bite Back
- Professor Lindsay Jaacks, Personal Chair of Global Health and Nutrition, University of Edinburgh, Global Academy of Agriculture and Food Systems
- Dr Robin Ireland, Director of Research, Food Active
- Dr Debs Thompson, Consultant in Public Health, NHS Greater Manchester Integrated Care
- Debbie Watson, Director of Public Health, Tameside Borough Council
- Dr Arif Rajpura, Director of Public Health, Blackpool Council
- Alex Holt, Public Health Programme Lead, Cheshire West and Chester Council
’10 Years of Food Active: Reflecting on Local and National Action’ will bring together colleagues, including, national partners, local authority officers, system leaders, NHS partners and ICS colleagues, academics, VCFSE organisations and more.
Please join us for this important event, to celebrate a decade of championing healthy weight at both a local and national level!Register to attend #FoodActive2023 VIRTUALLY here!
Want to join us in person? Join the waiting list here
In keeping with previous years, the Food Active conference remains a non-fee-paying event. However, given the current economic climate the capacity of the event and interest in previous sessions we would like to ask all delegates who register to attend the conference in person, to ensure if they are no longer able to attend, to cancel tickets at least a week prior to the event. This will allow us to offer the place to anyone on the current waiting list and ensure this place is filled.
Thank you for your understanding!